F-Cal units are portable, yet rugged enough to be carried in the back of a pick-up truck, or left on site in a Concrete plant for testing in real conditions.
F-Cal 8000 enables testing of up to eight cement, mortar or concrete simultaneously, in standard 3"x6" (75 mm x 150 mm) cylinders or in any container of equal or smaller size. Calmetrix's proprietary CalCommander software for data retrieval and analysis lets users to select one of the F-Cal's cells as a temperature reference cell.
F-Cal is recommended for testing in field conditions for up to 36 hours and does not require a dedicated computer or a power source. The equipment is battery operated and stores data logged for up to 7 days. Heat curves obtained can be interpreted almost instantaneously by the user, or stored and sent in a report to an off-site QC Manager.
F-Cal's main applications are:
• any testing as per ASTM C1753
• on-site troubleshooting for material incompatibility (e.g. admixtures that do not work well for certain cement sources)
• quick estimation of setting times
• rapid screening of materials, e.g. different sources of cement, different brands of admixtures
• robustness test (how performance holds up to variations in material dosages)
• mix design optimization
Power Supply: 3.6-Volt built-in Lithium Battery
Accuracy: +/- 0.2% at 25°C
Number of Test Channels: 8
Response Time: < 2 min. to 90%
Sample Size: Up to 1.9 kg (4.2 lbs)
Battery Life: 8 years (in continuous use)
Sampling Rate: 1 min.
Operating Temperature Range: -40 to 70°C (-40° to 158°F)
Weight: 28 lbs (12.7 kg)
Temperature Mesurement Range: -40 to 100°C (-40° to 212°F)
Dimensions: 25"x25"x14" (62.5 cmx 62.5 cm x35 cm)